Mission and Vision
eMi's vision for glorifying God by offering hope to the spiritually and physically poor stems out of a strategic plan to mobilize design professionals to minister to the less fortunate in developing nations. We proclaim the Gospel of Jesus by helping others change their world — through the development of hospitals, schools, orphanages, bridges, water supplies, electricity and more. Our commitment is to enrich the lives of those who give and those who receive.
Statement of Faith
We affirm the Lausanne Covenant established at the International
Congress on World Evangelization, Lausanne, Switzerland, July 1974. The
following statement of faith is intended as a brief summary of what the
Lausanne Covenant affirms more completely and expresses statements of
faith historically held by eMi.
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only authoritative Word of God. (II Timothy 3:16)
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (I John 5:6-8)
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood. We believe in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His imminent and personal return in power and glory. (John 3:16; I Corinthians 15:3-4; I Peter 2:18-24)
4. We believe the Holy Spirit is a gift from God as promised by the Lord Jesus Christ to those who believe. The Holy Spirit brings about the conviction of sin and the new birth, bears witness of our adoption, and is the power behind Christian growth and ministry. (Matthew 3:11; John 14:16-17; John 16:5-15; Acts 1:8; Acts 2:4, 38-39; Acts 19:1-7; I Corinthians 12:7-11)
5. We believe that all people are lost and guilty of sin. Jesus Christ is the only mediator between God and people. Salvation is brought about, not by works, but by faith in the work of Jesus Christ on the cross as a sacrifice for the sins of the world. (Romans 3:21-30; Galatians 4:4-7; Ephesians 2:8-9; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 22:20)
6. We believe in the resurrection of everyone, both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of life; and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:24, 28, 29)
7. We believe the Church is at the very center of God’s cosmic purpose and represents the Body of Christ on earth (Matthew 28:19,20; Acts 1:8; Ephesians 3:9-11; I Corinthians 12:27)